Your Guide to Commercial Leasing
A finance lease (or lease agreement) is a contractual agreement between a lessor (or finance company) and a lessee (you, the customer). Rather than pay out the large upfront cost typical when purchasing commercial equipment outright, a lease finance agreement allows you to receive delivery of your item and make use of your equipment whilst spreading the cost, making regular manageable monthly repayments.
Leasing options are available with any commercial equipment which has a minimum value of £1000 exc. VAT. This includes, but is not limited to, multidecks, serve overs, prep counters, chest freezers and cold rooms etc. Whether looking to finance a single piece of equipment or multiple units, they can all be encompassed within a single agreement, meaning there’s only one hassle-free monthly repayment.
- Free up extra cash by avoiding large upfront payouts
- Spread the cost into smaller, manageable monthly repayments
- Benefit from the best equipment for your business with regards to performance, build quality and efficiency; equipment that may be unobtainable if making an outright purchase
- All lease agreements are on a ‘lease to buy’ or ‘lease to purchase’ basis meaning that at the end of the lease term you are given the option to return the equipment or purchase the title of the goods for outright ownership, provided all payments and terms have been fulfilled throughout the contracted period.
- Enjoy fixed repayments that suit your budget; payments that won’t change with the economic climate. This could be over a fixed period of 2, 3, 4 or 5 years
- Leasing equipment that is deemed an asset to your business is deductible from your pre-tax profit as a business expense
The total order value must be over £1000 exc. VAT to be eligible for a fixed term lease. Leasing can be arranged for purchases across all three of our sites; Fridge Freezer Direct and sister companies, 247 Catering Supplies and UK Grease Traps Direct. This allows businesses to take full advantage of leasing options whilst kitting out every aspect of their operation.
Don’t worry if your credit isn’t perfect, this doesn’t necessarily disqualify you from being accepted. There are many variables and factors which finance companies may consider when considering applications, including but not limited to, the length of time you have been in business and your business turnover in relation to the total cost of the equipment you wish to lease.
If your business hasn’t yet begun trading, you may still be able to benefit from leasing; the finance company may just request further information such as a business plan and future projections.
The lessee is responsible for all warranty, care and maintenance of the equipment. Although equipment remains the legal property of the finance company until the end of the lease period, it is the responsibility of the lessee to arrange appropriate insurance where required.
We work with a number of trusted 3rd party leasing companies to ensure you get the best possible terms for your business. Having built strong relationships with Complete Leasing, Kennet Equipment Leasing and Shire Leasing, we endeavor to point you in the right direction for the best agreement and terms for your individual business requirements.
*Please Note: The process may vary between leasing companies however most follow similar general procedures.
- If you already have a preferred finance company in mind that you have worked with in the past, get in touch and we can sort it out for you.
- Once application has been submitted, the leasing company will carry out standard checks, giving an authorisation or a request for further information.
- Typically, a large deposit isn’t necessary however this information will be determined by the leasing company.
- The terms of the lease contract detailing the equipment attached to the lease, the length of the lease and the monthly repayments will be agreed on and signed.
- Once the relevant i’s have been dotted, t’s have been crossed and payment details finalised, your order is submitted to us, the supplier, equipment is dispatched and you receive delivery of your goods.
A finance lease is wholly allowable against pre-tax profits. This means tax liability is less and taxable profit is reduced. The current rate for tax relief stands at an estimated 20% however this will vary depending on your individual business. For information tailored directly to your business always consult your accountant.
Lease agreements are generally calculated on the cost of equipment excluding VAT however tax will be added to and payable with every monthly payment.
We are fully approved, authorised and regulated to lease commercial refrigeration by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), as are the finance companies we work with. This offers protection and reassurance for the customer ensuring the lessee is purchasing equipment that is both suitable and reasonably priced while the leasing contract terms are fair and repayable at an acceptable rate.
If leasing isn’t for you, there are other payment avenues to explore. 24 month 0% interest free credit is available through Foster and Gamko subject to terms and conditions. Interest free finance may additionally be obtained over a 6 month term from Blue Ice Machines (terms and conditions apply). We may be able to offer interest free credit on other selected items – get in touch for more details.